Here is a great tool to help you read the Bible through in a year.
The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan offers special features that will aid you in you journey through the Bible:
- By reading from four separate places in the Scripture every day you should be able to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, as well as enjoy the variety of seeing four different viewpoints
- You can begin at any point of the year
- To prevent the frustration of falling behind, which most of us tend to do when following a Bible reading plan, each month of this plan gives you only 25 days of readings. Since you’ll have several “free days” each month, you could set aside Sunday to catch up on any readings you may have missed in the past week
- If you finish the month’s readings by the 25th, you could use the final days of the month to study passages that challenged or intrigued you
- If reading through the entire Bible in one year looms as too large a task, you can alter the plan to meet your needs. For example, you could read the gospels and the wisdom books this year, and the other two categories next year.
In the year ahead, ask God each day to speak directly to you from the Scripture portions you read. Be expectant, and let your continual exposure to God’s Word reshape your attitudes and behavior as you gain a better understanding of every part of His written testimony to us.
View the Bible Reading Plan.
For more Bible Reading Plan resources, visit the Navigators.