- John Piper, in the introduction to a sermon “Ask Your Father in Heaven” on Matthew 7:7
When you pause to consider that
- God is infinitely strong and can do all that he pleases,
- and that he is infinitely righteous so that he only does what is right,
- and that he is infinitely good so that everything he does is perfectly good,
- and that he is infinitely wise so that he always knows perfectly what is right and good,
- and that he is infinitely loving so that in all his strength and righteousness and goodness and wisdom he raises the eternal joy of his loved ones as high as it can be raised—
when you pause to consider this, then the lavish invitations of this God to ask him for good things, with the promise that he will give them, is unimaginably wonderful.