For we never came with words of flattery, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed—God is witness. Nor did we seek glory from people, whether from you or from others, though we could have made demands as apostles of Christ. —1 Thessalonians 2:5-6 ESV
It’s kind of a three-legged stool that you sit on. If you have a throne it has three legs, authority, yes, delegated from Christ to speak His Word boldly and powerfully. Accountability, yes, you better know that God knows everything you’re doing and every thought and intent of your heart. And humility, yes, you better be sure you seek not the praise of men but that you give all the glory to God. Paul never said it better then he said it in the glorious doxology of Romans 11, “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to Him be the glory forever, amen.” Humility.
What makes an effective ministry?
- Tenacity, because you trust totally in the power of God.
- Integrity, because you’re fully committed to the truth of God.
- Authority, because you know you have on your life the commission of God.
- Accountability, because of the knowledge of God, He knows everything.
- Humility, because you are consumed with the glory of God.